CA4: Making sense of statistics for Critical Appraisal (1)
Making sense of statistics for Critical Appraisal
Course Information: An gentle, interactive introduction to making sense of the results in clinical papers for critical appraisal for non-statisticians covering;
- Calculating and interpreting event rates, relative risks, relative risk reductions, absolute risk ratios, numbers needed to treat?
- Interpreting p-values and confidence intervals
- Interpreting forest plots in meta-analysis
Prior Knowledge: No prior experience of the subject content is required but it will help you if you have completed CA1: Introduction to Critical Appraisal and Study Designs, CA2: Introduction to Qualitative Critical Appraisal and CA3: Introduction to Randomised Controlled Trials in advance of participating in this event.
Information you need to know:
- The trainer is Dr Michelle Maden
- Information about the trainer - The sessions will be led by Dr Michelle Maden, an experienced information specialist and systematic reviewer. Michelle has over 20 years’ experience of critical appraisal to support journal clubs and systematic reviews. These sessions are based on a series of face-to-face workshops developed over the years for the LIHNN network, adapted for online webinar delivery.
- By booking onto this course you will be giving permission for the event organiser to pass your email onto the trainer. This is to enable them to contact you with further course details, training links and questionnaires (put in same box as course information but after the main description from below appears)
- Each participant will need their own computer (not ipad or phone) and audio facility (phone or VOIP), a camera is useful but not needed.
- By booking on to this course you have confirmed that you have accepted the terms of our privacy statement. The details you provided are managed in accordance with the Health Education England's (HEE's) Privacy Notice (full details can be found in: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/about/privacy-notice). We process all personal data in accordance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy and HEE's data protection registration details, as held at the Information Commissioner's Office.
Event Date: 6 July 2020 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Closing Date: Bookings closed
Category: National CPD Event
Lunch Available: No
Trainer: Dr Michelle Maden
Location: MS Teams