Library Assistant Study Day - Searching Workshop
This interactive workshop on searching will be led by Michelle Maden from the University of Liverpool and will look at:
- Types of health information
- Selecting resources for health information
- Transforming a search request into a search strategy
- Using NICE Evidence for different types of health information
- Finding full-text journals and journal articles
The workshop is a basic introduction to searching for Library Assistants and requires no pre-requisite knowledge of searching for health information. We will use real-life searching examples to highlight the process involved in developing and undertaking basic searches.
Workshop requirements: You will need to bring your NHS Athens login. To register or receive a reminder of your login details go to: https://openathens.nice.org.uk/Auth/Login
Please bring with you a laptop or tablet, so that you can fully take part in the day. We will be undertaking searches as part of the workshop.
Event Date: 25 November 2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Closing Date: Bookings closed
Category: Regional CPD Event
Trainer: Michelle Maden
About the trainer:
Location: Novotel Sheffield Centre