Mental Health Libraries
- Terms of Reference
- Key Documents
- Key Links
Purpose: The overall aim of the group is to provide leadership and co-ordination in the development of mental health and learning disabilities information/knowledge, in support of evidence based practice, lifelong learning and patient care in the North West.
- The group’s core membership is librarians, information specialists and knowledge managers in the North West who have an interest in mental health.
- The group is accountable to the LIHNN Committee.
- The group’s core membership meets at quarterly face-to-face meetings.
- The group also works closely with other mental health Trusts across the North of England, meeting annually for a collaborative working day.
- Provide leadership and advice in the development of mental health and learning disabilities knowledge and information.
- Provide peer support for the core members.
- Promote collaboration, reduce duplication and enhance local capacity:
- Share expertise and knowledge, including information on resources, when appropriate.
- Review and identify other information/knowledge initiatives that can support the development of our work.
- Connect within and across organisational / geographic boundaries:
- To raise awareness of mental health and learning disabilities
- To support new initiatives across the region
- To encourage the growth of knowledge and evidence in mental health and learning disabilities.
- Connect with and sustain links between national, regional and local policy priorities.
- Generate opportunities across the NW for learning and exchange:
- To provide practical help and support to others.
- Share information about what works.
- Explore new opportunities for librarians and information specialists roles.
- Raise awareness of the group’s work with key internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Organisations such as Mental Health Trusts
- Practitioners and other networks / groups with a remit of information and
|Terms of Reference
- YOHHLnet Mental Health Librarians Group
- Psychiatric Libraries Co-operative scheme
- Mental Health Libraries Mailing List - North
Page Last Updated 07/02/23